Here are some amazing ways to keep yourself sad – some of it you may be doing , some of it you may have seen your loved ones doing it. Learn few more tips to attain your favourite state of mind – Being SAD. Never Change any of these that you do and further more never encourage others around you who do this, to change.
- Speak Lies for no good reason – even when there is no threat to anyone’s lives
- Never do anything for others – compassion is for the weaker ones !! Always focus only on your life – I , me and myself are the only people to care for.
Barely there yet
- Be late to bed and late to rise – what can we do – part of modern day lifestyle – dont worry , I understand you are forced to do it – you have no choice to choose your timings. Keep doing it.
- Never do anything on time – don’t meet your appointments, don’t respect your body clock and never respect other’s time – it’s a crime!!
- Believe in external forces – Always look for happiness as a return gift from others – Dont be happy for your kids, life, parents, education, perfectly moving limbs, sky above or stars in it, trees around or birds on it – thats ridiculous – happiness comes from somewhere else always – never from within ; also, make sure you truly believe that others are the cause of the misery you are going through . Unlike happiness, which is a gift and you have the right of refusal for acceptance , your pain is a genetic gift, YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT IT from the one who is passing on the pain genes to you- glad you understood this.
- Overspend – spend more than what you earn. But more importantly, don’t keep a tab on your income and expenses (never maintain your log – how much you spent on what or what money you took from or gave to others )
Am getting bigger
- Dont trust anyone – no one’s worth it!!
- Live in past : Keep playing in your mind your happy times – that are long over. Keep playing the bad times in your mind too – multiple times. Re- live the moments – build the pain inside – one time wasnt good enough.
- Do this to others – “Shut up and Listen to me” : I am the only one who speaks the truth. There is no such thing as perspective, or opinions or benefit of doubts. Nor there is anything called “Absolute Truth” and if there is some absolute truth – it is what I speak.
- Give free advice – unasked for – it doesn’t cost to ramble – so why bother. Whoever in mess, whatever the mess – give your thoughts – doesn’t cost anyone anything. Trust me – there is no such thing as inner personal circle of an individual – spouse or friends – go , tell them how you think they should handle their lives.
Finally there – Absolute Sadness
I promise you my friend – sadness can not run away from you till you are practicing anyone of the above. Try doing them all – that will take you to the Nirvana state of sadness – better term – Absolute Sadness – no one will ever be able to pull you out of your state, as hard as they may try :))))) sorry – wrong smileys – :((((((((
All of us want to live a more effective life. And in this age of so many Leaders and management gurus – who are writing ever innovative stuff to make your life more successful and your time in life more managed – Its easier than before to see a path that shall take one to their required “Nirvana“.
There are so many books of so many motivational authors – from great Stephen Covey to Learned and contemporary Peter Bragan – who teach us on how to plan our lives in the most effective ways and never lose sight of what we wish to achieve and monitor ourselves everyday for our daily targets. Many authors suggest 30-60-90 days plan and also suggest that adding parameters like when and where shall help us achieve what we set out for that day / week / month or year.
Similarly there are countless books written on staying fit and healthy by eating healthy and balanced diet. All kinds of Yoga and meditation, new forms of dances which are hybrids and offshoots of aerobics everything is suggested. Meditation is termed key.
And then so many of those on life and relationships – how to feel happy about yourself, your work, your relationships etc.. and not be dependent on others for your actions and reactions. Moral being you hold the key to your happiness.
Then why is it that – though we have access to the best remedies to our respective roadblocks for a fulfilling life – Yet, we are struggling. We are surely not dumb folks. We know knowledge is power and all the words we read in these books are knowledge then what are we lacking?
I will share here my personal experience of while I was feeling at the bottom and being at my lowest troughs in life. And these are truly the times when you are desperately seeking for that one mantra – magic words – that you can lay your hands on that will make you feel better. And I did what most of us do. Hunt down for the most popular books and read the stuff and felt so elated that I could dig gold in it because all of it seemed to make sense. While going through various chapters and stages of the book – it seemed like once I am done with the book all my issues will be resolved and I am going to be the most happy and effective human that ever walked the planet.
So I complete my book, feel happy about it and thank god that I got what I needed and am happy I dont anymore feel the world has ended. I can see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.
But a few days and weeks later – I have another set of problems and I am repeating my process of finding salvation. Another tunnel and another set of light. The story keeps repeating. And we do find some ways to find some alternate solutions eventually.
But what can we do to truly get enlightened and not have to go through the initial pain while looking for a new help everyday – until we find it. Again – I am not talking about different types of guidance required for different types of problems. I am talking about looking for new help everyday for same type of problem.
Well, its easy – it truly is – PUT ACTIONS TO WORDS and thoughts built from the words. What seems to really happen is – when we are reading a management book that is helping us build our roadmap to our goals or understand our relationships in life better or helping us understand our food habits and how to manage our cravings – all that we read seems so logical and agreeable that we dont question it , we dont think about it when we are reading. We act more like reviewers and just put a check against that seems doable to us . We keep planning to follow what is written. And most of us succeed to a certain level before we give up.
What we need to do is :
- Firstly, figure out your true problem.
- Review the solutions that seem most suitable and doable
- Breath it in totality and leave no exceptions Put true ACTIONS to each word.
- Practice it DAILY – EVERY MINUTE
Dont give up on practicing the ritual – just because the days are less challenging and you seem to be attaining the stability. This discipline is the core pillar of maintaining this stability in your life.
Wishing you luck in leading a fulfilling life!!!
Please do share with me your experience and feedback on this article and its relevance.